erinleightA collection of some items I treasure for @npr and @kpcc #PSMyFavoriteThings • 1.) a drawing I did several years ago that signifies a turning point in the way I see creativity. I realized I needed to stop trying to emulate other's work and just allow myself to be me. 2.) the skeleton key and ruler are bits of history I found in the basement when I moved into my home. I don't know their stories but I love their tie to the past. 3.) my great grandmother's watch... I never met her but I love knowing she wore this on her wrist everyday 4.) my grandmother's bee pin... I inherited this when my favorite aunt died of lung cancer seven years ago. I think of both of them every time I see this pin and I smile. 5.) the pin my father wore in World War II... he quit school at 17 to join the marines and always joked that the war would have ended much sooner if he had gotten there earlier. I lost my father a year and a half ago to lung cancer and I miss him, his humor and his strength everyday.
- erinleight#jj_polaroid_stilllife #fotobar @polaroidfotobar
- mamaof3blueeyedboysWhat a beautiful photo and I love the story behind each item! Amazing!!!
- erinleight#jj_forum_0812 It's personal...
- erinleight@escaphotography Thank you so much Blake... you're a sweetheart. My dad would've loved knowing NPR featured this shot & I'm so glad you happened to find it! I hope all is well for you too my friend.
- kirstenlaraWow. This is beautiful! The story behind it all? Even better.
- escaphotographyYou are one of a few reasons I don't quit IG. You really do inspire me, do thank you so much. Signed, The Hermit
- erinleight#thegoodly_0057 creative-2
- erinleight@escaphotography I so appreciate that Blake... I've been a bit Hermitly (Hermitish?) myself. But maybe some spring weather will give me a needed boost and some inspiration. Are you thawing yet?!
- lenamahoninaSoooo beautiful
- erinleight#jj_forum_0920 inspiration
- woman_with_the_tattooed_handsNow even more joyful! Ugh, I love it! :)
- kachouroOne of my favorites. Your visual and textual arts. Your experiencing of the loved ones who already had to precede. 🌈
- sansafrank@carlaestradagarcia wow!!
- erinleight#jj_forum_1027 a second look
- wikdzoooo beautiful //
Log in to like or comment.