chefazIt's beginning to look a lot like Xmas. Celebrate with my Aunt Suzanne's Bars #fwcookbook @foodandwinemag Ingredient List
2 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup salted butter, softened
1 Cup pecan halves
2/3 Cup salted butter
1/2 Cup plus a tablespoon
firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup Artisan chocolate (I love using the Mast Brothers Madagascar for this) cut in very small pieces
It’s a stunner
These are my Aunt Suzanne’s famous Caramel Pecan Bars. She says she got the recipe off a butter box; I am guessing Land O’Lakes, in the 1980s. It’s a stunner, and addictive, so make two batches at a time. They are that good. Land O’Lakes test kitchen should be beatified simply based on this recipe alone. Enjoy.
Heat oven to 350°F. Combine all crust ingredients except pecans in large mixing bowl. Beat using a tabletop mixer with whisk attachment at medium speed until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Firmly press into bottom of an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over unbaked crust.
Combine the butter and brown sugar in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a nice boil. Continue cooking for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour evenly over pecans and crust.
Bake for 20 minutes or until entire caramel layer is bubbly (Do not overbake). Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate. If you like, you can allow it to melt slightly over the next minute or so and then swirl chocolate with fork for a marbled effect.
Cool completely; cut into bars.
- mrsjassy@salva_dork81 we need to make this too
- joanne.vander@maradachoy can you make me these lol
- kennicaik@gcamacho78 yes, you can make them for me.
- cinnamonabbyThank you for the recipe, Andrew!
- doctahaastaOh yes. Suzanne's bars are the bomb. Could eat the whole pan
- therealscottlinderBanya? On Midway?
- rhenzeramirezlooks like pizza with chocolate chips at first glance lol @rynaramirez check this out
- toni_schulteThanks for the recipes🙏😘
- lizt1Thanks for sharing @chefaz !
- trizzzles@taylordiem send to Oanh
- sommcheflife@nicolenateodorski .....ok Chef Nic, you're up!....lol @mellowdb
- ab_bartoHave you tried them with bacon bits?
- shuncutleryDelicious Andrew! This looks quite exquitsite!
- flmollyMade them! Easy as pie...
- kristimassageNew favorite recipe. Too easy! And delicious too!
- vinoand1Sweet! Gonna make them tonight!
Log in to like or comment.