foodandwine#FWCookbook: Introducing our first virtual cookbook with @Instagram. For the next 10 days, stars like @marcuscooks, @chefAZ and @gailsimmonseats will post holiday tips and recipes. Use the same hashtag to join in.
This 20–minute creamy caramel sauce makes a great gift.
1. Combine 1 1/4 cups sugar and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and cook over moderate heat until sugar dissolves.
2. Cook without stirring until medium-amber caramel forms (about 5 minutes).
3. Add 1 cup heavy cream, 1 tablespoon butter and a pinch of salt and simmer until thickened (about 2 minutes).
4. Let cool and package in pretty vintage jars.
How we may use your photos: http://fandw.me/145P9UX
- hipfoodiemom1Oh my!!
- vintageweave@foodandwinemag this is brilliant!!!!!👏👏👏👏
- curlsinyoface@lsans whoaaaaa
- karan_nagpal@ish_malhotra save this recipe forever.
- bmerry@foodandwinemag how long will it last for?
- pairotsuwanmaneeYes...I like.
- isabella.zaratsyan@vindarten :)
- reebie46@cariebrdshw OK we can try this one.
- dontmistakemeOo my yes, this looks good.
Log in to like or comment.