fyxoStumbled upon this pic of one of my old 'work' bikes. I remember doing the Hell Rode on this in cut off jeans and a skate lid. I was told to 'fcuk off' and gave the same back. I don't know if anyone has been dumb enough to do the same or had the legs to get around on a 70" gear. I met a lifelong friend that day so it was worth it for that alone. There was no fixie culture to speak of, no 'how to' videos, no forums. Just riding and experimenting. Anyone riding fixed back then in #Melburn knew everyone else and that was a special time.
- smokepigs420more like #fixieforefather
- guseykWow that must have been ages ago!! Look at that road, it's pretty much empty... Now we need to build a tunnel for it!!!
- 8illy_jo3You're a maniac Andy. I wish I had your track bike skills!
- ok_fedeCred a pacchi @federicoiovanovich soprattutto no forum
- lsd_de_lucaThat was one hell of a day
- jack_trevorrow...were they carrera jeans?
- fyxo@lsd_de_luca your mate Waz. Top bloke too as it turns out.
- fyxo@williambarnacles swap you for the motor?
- 8illy_jo3Done. @fyxo Of course, I have to warn you that the motor has gone from a v6 to an electric egg beater motor.
- mlaichCity skyline has certainly changed since that photo was taken.
- markshigginbothamI recall riding to sorrento and back with you on a fixie and a dinosaur horn and several intense triathletes. I think you were the strongest.
- fyxo@markshigginbotham triathletes are weak as piss. Except for @drmitcha who goes alright.
- drmitchaHaha! Thanks @fyxo ...I love it when you talk about denim knicks.
Log in to like or comment.