zobolondon#whp100 and a special date for another craze in little squares...👉▪️▫️📰
Almost 100 years ago to the day, on December 21 1913, Arthur Wynne, a journalist from Liverpool, England created a "word-cross" puzzle that was published in the holiday edition of Joseph Pulitzer's Sunday newspaper 'New York World' - that puzzle is generally cited as the world's first crossword puzzle.
Crossword puzzles became a regular weekly feature in that paper and super popular.
By the 1920s, the crossword phenomenon was starting to attract attention. In 1921, the New York Public Library @nypl reported that "The latest craze to strike libraries is the crossword puzzle," and complained that when "the puzzle 'fans' swarm to the dictionaries and encyclopedias so as to drive away readers and students who need these books in their daily work, can there be any doubt of the Library's duty to protect its legitimate readers?" So...it seems that putting something in little squares one hundred years on is still pretty addictive! @instagram👉❤️ Happy 100th #whp!
- zobolondon@naomimeran thanks honey!
- zobolondon@simonlarsen cheers Simon! 🙋
- zobolondon@ag2r Angelo thank you!
- zobolondon@cafeaulei oh my there is actually an emoticon for crystal ball?! 🙅
- cafeauleiHaha, yes ma'am! 😂
- drewbikscubeThis is super creative! I love all the little details! Congrats on your feature! I'm honored to be featured alongside ya! 👍
- austin.rosierThis is incredible creative!!!!! I'm not surprised you were featured, it is absolutely stellar!!!!!
- zobolondon@drewbix_cube Drew a huge thank you! I loved your portraits, really beautiful very emotive. Well done us!😉
- zobolondon@awriginal thanks Austin what a lovely comment to receive! So glad you think so! 🙋
- todays_simplicityLove this pic !!! Please tag it #todays_simplicity
- sarahfuchsiaHi there! Just wanted to say congrats on the feature! Lovely shot! 💛
- mshThis post just help me solve Saturday's nytimes puzzle (#s 6, 20, and 45 across are all in your caption)!
- streets_stripesOoo super cute saucer! @zobolondon
- cirriformHi @zobolondon. It was just pointed out to me that your photo and mine photo that were featured for WHP100 were stolen and reposted by a person going by the user name of lucastomlison_ I am reporting him for copyright infringement for my photo. I've had issues with people like this before. I am going to comment on the photo so you can see it. :(
- cirriformWell, it looks like the person has already blocked me, so I can't comment. It's @lucastomlison_ . The direct link to your photo is http://instagram.com/p/i8ksLmmzNC/
- zobolondon@cirriform hey thanks only just seen this sorry! I was made a suggested user last week and my notifications and feed have gone crazy! How did you report this in the end. User has blocked me too but thanks for the link. The user is hhhhhhgknfvjgtguu and seems to have stolen LOADS from people I know!
- cirriformYes, the user changed names. Sorry I didn't get back to you! If you google "Instagram report copyright infringement" the first result should be the page that explains how to report it. You'll need the link to the photo he stole and the link to your photo. I took them about 12 hours to take my stolen photo down. @zobolondon
- jonpobExcelentes fotos!! @zobolondon
Log in to like or comment.