drewbikscubeMy Grandmother's Quilt, circa 1913
This beautiful quilt has been passed down and holds many family stories. My Granny was given this quilt from her mother. Growing up in a house of 10 children, my Granny only saw this quilt after begging her mother to view it. Otherwise, my Great Grandmother kept it protected and secured in a cedar chest since it was a prized possession. It had been given to her as a wedding present by her mother and grandmother (my Great Great Grandma and Great Great Great Grandma). My Granny, like her mother, now continues the tradition of storing the quilt in a cedar chest until someone wants to admire it!
The fabric is made out of a rough, thick material not commonly used anymore. I think it's a special family heirloom and I love how well preserved it has been kept.
This is my entry for the @instagram #WHP100.
- drewbikscube🙏 @gillhhyy
- changingseasonOh goodness. This is beautiful!
- drewbikscubeThank you so much! 😊 @changingseason
- jammietartOh my heart. I love quilts for this reason. Loved the story!
- drewbikscubeThank you sooo much! 😊 I appreciate all of your comments and compliments! I think quilts are awesome too! @jammietart
- dafinasyla😍😍😍 such a beautiful story . I admire it.
- drewbikscubeThank you so much! That means a lot to me. 😊 @dafinasyla
- drewbikscubeThank you so much! 😊 @mrscathyyim
- nettas123So beautiful!
- drewbikscubeThanks! I really appreciate you saying that! @nettas123
- nettas123@drewbix_cube 🙏
- drewbikscube#livefolk #liveauthentic
- cnnHey Drew! Spectacular photo! What's the best email to reach you about something related to CNN with this photo? Thanks!
- drewbikscube@cnn, wow! Thank you so much! You can reach me at email@example.com
- arkmophsThe #arkmophs_exploreark1 hashtag is for submitting mobile only photos for consideration in the EXPLORE ARKANSAS Exhibit for June 20, 2012. We just want to verify that you tagged for this purpose. Thanks for submitting your photo.
- drewbikscube👍 @arkmophs
- arkmophs😃 👍 📱
Log in to like or comment.