chrisburkardGrateful for sessions like these and surfers who go the extra mile to make them happen.
10 degrees F today on the beach.. And not a soul in sight . Probably 20 degrees warmer in the ocean .. Worth every shivering moment.. @raphbruhwiler making the drop and setting up for the tube at an unamed Arctic wave
Thanks @roarkrevival for the epic trip.. #sofreakingcold #rippedmypantsonbarbwire #fingersstillcold #mulcoywouldgo #nothawaii #whileyourwereinhawaii
- randyrsurfI don't think I could handle that with anything less than a 5. Lol! Brrr. But I do know that your system can get use to that over a little time. Thanks for the info about the thicker gloves and boots, which makes really good sense--stay as flexible as possible with the suit, but keep the extremities as warm as possible for as long as possible.
- randyrsurf@nreininger @mwbaab
- chrisburkard@randyrsurf extremities go first ..most blood moves to core to keep you warm- the key is mittens so your fingers can be together and same with boots.. Sometimes a little thinner suit is better so a little layer of water can come in to insulate - never anything too tofu though
- chrisburkardTight ^
- ericephotoThis is great! Love your precise comps
- brandygramsThanks for leading the #arcticsurf #revival @chrisburkard
- cohenscornerLooks like you had a sick trip boys! See ya tonight @raphbruhwiler
- krookedsurfaceJust curious how you protect you equip from freezing conditions? Does it affect while you're shooting?
- bajagato@chrisburkard wow burrrrrr
- clauditaandreitaCrazy cool!
- kirstyhiggisonLooks epic! Doubt I'd be in that cold water. I have become soft... @smutt_
- chrisburkard@jeremykoreski yewwww
- chrisburkard@krookedsurface gotta keep batteries warm.. And make sure to let gear warm up and cool down slow so you don't get dogging
- chrisburkard@chrisburkard ^fogging
- rhollen@krisduhreed possibly too cold, even for me.
- nickgornallYeah burks
Log in to like or comment.