dguttenfelderThis is Althea Mustacisa, born three days ago in the aftermath of Typhoon Haiyan. Unable to breathe on her own, her young parents and medics have been hand pumping oxygen into lungs non-stop and round the clock since she was born. The bottom floor of the two-story government-run Eastern Visayas Regional Medical Center was flooded, and the intensive care unit for newborns was destroyed. along with life-saving equipment like its incubator.
Doctors and staff have taken 20 babies from the unit to a small chapel for safety, placing some of them on the tiny church alter.
- johanneketerstegeWhat a story, I hope the baby will make it
- cristinellaSo lovely...poor baby...
- visionary_girlPraying for that child!
- valenciarandyvEven though she didn't make it this picture is a testament of what parents would do for their child in the direst of situations
- swivelzzJust like Paul movie, "Hours" :')
- heyitsmejulesEven though i take care of babies like this, seeing this breaks my heart.
- clarasinclairtattooAww I hope she made it.. Beautiful little soul 💛
- oneof7billionsForm what I have heared... They all died
- shahadamckinzie@barmar2008 @wantedprincess So cute....so sad.
- barmar2008@shahadamckinzie @wantedprincess Soubhanallah ;(
- llleeeyyyllleeeyyyShe is going to make it I know it
- lilhoneylambYou're an incredible photographer. Very informative.
- remke_spijkers_photographyOh my god... @dguttenfelder Do you know how Althea is doing now?
- i.love.my.jobBless her.
- dapperdikkerdje1This picture showed up at my FB-memories, did she survive, how is she doing now?
Log in to like or comment.