designmomOops! We thought we could take down the wall in the boys room, but when we removed the sheetrock, we discovered it's load bearing. Change of plans! Now I'm brainstorming a workaround and calling a contractor for a consult. #adventuresinremodeling
- modernkidsDarn those load-bearing walls! Next time you're in Potrero Hill stop by and see our project!!
- dandeedesignsOh no!
- kmmadsonHow much do beams cost? It would give you the open space but still carry the load
- bakingthesweetlifeSame thing happened in our kitchen remodel. Grrrr ;)
- krisociologistaWe've had this happen 3-4 times. Usually we make build-ins on the sides as support (bookshelves, beak nooks, etc.) and stain or drywall the beam. Most recently, we left our beam and made it a runner for barn doors! It's definitely a puzzle, but it makes the creative end result all the more satisfying. :) Good luck!
- krisociologista*beak nooks should be desk nooks. Wild auto correct has a mind of its own. :)
- ohhappydayOh no!!
- cvbgirlShoot. Hope a workable solution is found fast
- kellygharpOh the joys! Well, a nice, exposed wood beam could be cool & "manly", yes?!
- brindyaynI love that you are documenting this process. As challenging as it must be it is encouraging to me, who is very easily overwhelmed by the permanence of home projects.
- chelseahorsleydesignI like @kellygharp idea!
- mamaneverfumbles"Adventures in Remodeling" should be a show on HGTV
- instagmasueCall us #jdthompsonhomes #micah #thebest 👍
Log in to like or comment.