- abundanataLove, no violence. What a great quote. Thank you
- loisg24I totally agree with this! #greatquote
- kize.muawow! agreed 😊
- kortneekateI totally agree that love over violence is obviously better. But, if you had a child with a strong will and every time you walked out to get into the car, he ran into the road. After time-outs, long talks and groundings he still ran into the road. I would rather swat the child in a calm collected moment of teaching and then explain the art of consequences in life than allow him to run out into the road for the sake of never spanking. I think it's hard to lay out blanketed statement and stories like this, even though it is a sweet story and its great that parenting in that way worked for her! :)
- eruannaOne if my fave authors, and one of the best quotes ever.
- janaroseartsPowerful message 💖
- _awilddreamer_I love this
- tr3ason@kortneekate NOT a blanket statement. Firmly rooted in science and evidence-based medicine. Sounds like what you're describing is a child with ADD or ADHD. Inability to concentrate, lack of impulse control and so on. In any case - everything, and I mean everything we know about child psychology (and the human brain for that matter) teaches us that hitting children is NOT an effective way to 'correct behaviour', and may in fact be detrimental to the child's development as well as future mental health, IQ-level, general sense of well-being, the list goes on. #askscience #evidencebased #thescientificmethod
- 1_sexybanana@meowmeowpaige...I'm so proud that you understand this message...being a mother is the hardest job on the planet...and patience and compassion to a young child is the absolute key to a kind hearted and well adjusted child that I have in you...I love you more than words can say!
- kortneekate@nonsense_and_treason I appreciate your opinion... That's the great thing about life, everyone does things differently and if it works for you and your kids, that's great!
Log in to like or comment.