christackettWater conservation is obviously a huge concern in Israel and the rest of the Middle East. An interesting startup called Woosh Water is reinventing the public drinking fountain with a high-tech and networked solution. Their Woosh Water stations allow users to refill water bottles and reduce the consumption of disposable plastic water bottles. The units also sanitize bottles and filter the water before refilling. After joining, users 'login' with a small keychain sensor and because they are networked together, the Woosh Water Stations track how much water a user has consumed and how many plastic bottles they have kept out of the waste stream by using a reusable bottle, as well as how many all Woosh users have collectively avoided. This provides a social reward and incentive for people to use the system and encourage others to participate, as well. Very clever and I expect we'll eventually see this technology and Woosh Water Stations in urban cities and airports around the world.
- ardolanThanks for giving me something to talk to IB Geo kids to talk about today during our change in environmental quality unit!
- kellyannekuI want your life!
- sevenintheoceanThis is awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
- markaroothis is awsm and gives me hope, thanks for sharing darlin'! @stephstrate
- christackett@wooshwater #wooshwater
Log in to like or comment.