verymuchsoThings that happened today: I got a rose am-bush delivery at work. Lena took this picture of me with the bouquet before I struggled to carry it home with all my other stuff, thus accidentally leaving my purse behind on the train. The older station agent was almost as inconsolable as I was as I cried my fake lashes off at the booth - my notebook was in there! My prescriptions and keys and the expired passport I've had since I was 15, had bad highlights, and didn't yet know how to wear makeup when having my photo taken, or even at all! I think of joking with bouncers about that picture a few times a week for the past year, and now I'm really sobbing, you know? I go home with the flowers and call for wine delivery, naturally, but although I've memorized my card number...my expiration date is...oh, who knows, and the machine won't run without it. "Oh well," I explain to the woman on the phone, who was just separated from her own purse against her will in Spain, as it turns out, and messengers me two nice bottles of Chablis, gratis. I am moored by her kindness, and look at the flowers some more to firmly cement the understanding that people so often sustain me more than I ever think possible, lest I start crying again. The station agent calls to see if I'm all right and apologize on behalf of New York. Then, a message from an undergrad the moment after: Won't I please come pick up my handbag tomorrow morning at Baruch? He found it on the 23rd St. platform, everything intact (most likely because I use the pocket of my notebook as my wallet, or just because he rules). The flowers are here on my dresser at home with me, and we're both like, VERY YES. Feeling like a total heart animal about the world tonight, you guyzzzzz.
- hannahejoOh this made me happy. I'm so glad everything worked out baby girl!
- user_error_999Such a great story :) glad it turned out for the better
- jennasauersI'm so happy you are getting a) your stuff back b) one of those great New York stories to tell forever
- jablingsteinBest thing I've read in months
- jablingsteinI wanted to hate it but it was so good
- preachypreachBest thing I've read all week
- oscarwparkeyThis made being up at 2 am worth it 💞💞💞
- emmymarucciThis rules after I had the opposite feeling about NY yesterday. Hopefully I get a little of what you got today.
- twelveoclocke🌃🗽🌉 KEEP LIVIN LAUGHIN & LOVIN IN THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS xo Bree
- damsorroweveryone wins
- katiesflowersThis makes me sooo happy I was getting really emotional over 15 year old you!
- _mr.hatLove the way you right, this was very enjoyable to read, especially love the ending of course, I hope the year 14 brings you loads more exciting adventures x
Log in to like or comment.