ediblesfSuper simple. Super delicious. Wedges of Amagaki Persimmons from Twin Peaks Orchards in Newcastle tossed with Gwen Avocados, jalapenos and cilantro pesto. Twin Peaks has a stand at the Stonestown Farmers Market on Sundays, probably a couple weeks left to snag these extraordinary #persimmons.
- terricastroLove persimmons!!!
- potandpantryWhaaaat. I just took a screen shot of this so I can try this combo.
- ediblesf@potandpantry I love jalapenos with persimmons. Perfect contrast to the sweetness.
- danalouiseveldenHow are they different from Fuyu or other persimmons?
- ediblesf@danalouisevelden they are a variety of fuyu (but shaped almost like a hachiya), have a firmer texture, a subtle sweetness and are streaked with brown spots and sometimes called chocolate persimmons.
- ilovedrywellSo good! I've been eating mine this week, snagged from Haight Whole Foods. I thought the amigaki were the so-called cinnamon persimmons though? Maru are chocolate? (I've clearly fallen down the rabbit hole of persimmon research this week!!)
- danalouiseveldenAh yes, chocolate persimmons! They're amazing! Thanks @ediblesf
- ediblesf@ilovedrywell Also called cinnamon :)
- kuishinbo_yhd@ediblesf ama-gaki means "sweet persimmon", so you could call Fuyu, Maru as amagaki. Hachiya is not amagaki.
- foodcookeatLooks yummy....want!Totally agree these amber beauties are great in savoury dishes.
Log in to like or comment.