instagramHappy #ArtThursday, Instagram! Throughout his career, artist Barry McGee (@barrymcgeeart) has explored as many mediums as he has monikers. Making his name in the graffiti subculture of California's Bay Area under names including "Twist," "Ray Fong" and "Bernon Vernon," McGee's works draw from a variety of influences including comic books, skateboarding and social activism. These days, McGee's work—seeming as natural in galleries as it does on the streets where it originated—is characterized by bright geometrical patterns, block lettering and stylized portraits.
One of his most iconic large public works adorns the Mark Morris Dance Center in Brooklyn, New York. See more photos if this piece by tapping the blue location link above. To see works in the galleries and on the streets of major cities around the world, search the #BarryMcGee hashtag.
Photo by @mco2lga.
- jayharris87@pcval @jared_najjar
- ambotninyoSa asa diay na dapit plss tudlui ko be kung asa na dapit kay mu anha ko joke paradise is so beautiful:*
- tippyt.i.p.sCan you give me a shout out plzplzplzplzplzplzplzplzplz
- paulaagarciiaaFollow me @instagram pzz
- tantheman99Plz give me a shout out Instagram plz
- lucianahirakawaNunca vi isso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- shaneyates_Can u guys help me get more followers I lost some
- santiipalaciiosNice grafitti
Log in to like or comment.