instagram"Pottery is not just a product on a shop shelf or a gallery plinth; it is a form of craft," says Billy Lloyd (@billylloydesign), a potter based in south London who shares the art of his trade on Instagram. "There is a very human element to making pottery – a relationship carefully nurtured over time and through direct engagement with clay. Instagram provides me with an opportunity to demonstrate the different processes, tools and materials involved in crafting a utilitarian object." Billy uses Instagram to highlight all aspects of his practice–from a quick sketch, a thrown pot to a trip to Stoke-on-Trent, a site of large-scale pottery manufacturing. He aims to highlight the effort behind the ceramics we habitually encounter in day to day life: "Everyone has a favorite mug right? I certainly do. In fact, for me, choosing which mug to use is much like choosing which pair of shoes to wear or jumper to put on. Different moods encourage different combinations." For more photos and videos behind the scenes of ceramics on Instagram, follow @billylloydesign, as well as these great ceramic Instagrammers: @ragnhildmm @studiokotokoto @kuntaroabe and @hello_tanata.
- smiling_flowerIt's without sound
- gilik1709What the fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!
- samantha_styles1994What is that poopin thing
- lsnsbshsuqjkssbqhqFeliz año nuevo 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A nivel internacionallllllll pasenla bien en familia!!!!!!!!!!!!
- omg.its.elaineWow ,what is that???
- electric_king3.100Bunch of suck junk work
- faufaufaufauSo cool ! !
- gengala@wolftylar it's pottery
Log in to like or comment.