instagramBorn in the American south and matured in the African-American neighborhoods of early-1900s New York City, jazz music is a genre unlike any other. Though many argue what exactly defines jazz music, it is marked by extensive improvisation and expressive, "blue notes." Over the last century, jazz has seen a vibrant evolution from the Jazz Age of the 1920s and 30s with its figureheads like Louis Armstrong. As jazz became more popular in the United States, it also expanded to Europe and beyond with artists like Django Reinhardt gaining notoriety. As the decades progressed, sub-genres such as smooth jazz and jazz fusion emerged, each with their own top performers as well.
Today, jazz encompasses a sweeping range of styles with many artists varying throughout their career or adopting jazz influences in rock and pop music. To tune in to the lives and work of some of the best contemporary jazzists, follow musicians Cassandra Wilson (@reallycassandra), Vijay Iyer (@vijayiyer), Christian McBride (@chrmcbride) and Jamie Cullum (@jamiecullum). To explore more jazz on Instagram, check out blog.instagram.com for photos and videos from jazz clubs around the world.
Video by @al_manna3i
- _martifende1Io thè darè, Io thè darè,una cossa una cossa ermosa una cossa che io solo se olè
- razan.latifI play trombone
- jonathan._.jordanNot good
- maddybootz1I play Piano, Recorder, Flute, Trumpet and Guitar. I love jazz tho!
- donovan_eric_hannah_32Soon bye Canada's play piano make it want to put the quarter could tell I love just the tape is out and about yet are you a great person for alcohol hamate didn't quit yet about this Sunday year yet Asante do it tomorrow and outside okay humane that out to see you do you want to see you
- asandreacollectionsI want to show the world what I got....unique wear that fit all mankind
- sunia_akaveka_Dayummm. @sydneymillis_
- i3z.97ÚŘäí Lake
- jacinta_robyn22That is not very good
- http.pta_no_se@instagram follow me plis
- gulbas3Not good
- gulbas3But love the ........
- edenposner100I love it just so into it now
Log in to like or comment.