jazzythingsDinner rolls (CLEAN/"healthified" and perfect for the holiday season 🍂🎅🎄!!!). I hosted another event last night at @dialed_in_, and the theme was "Healthy Holiday Eating." We walked through substitutions for favorite holiday dishes, everyone made their very own pumpkin pie almonds, and I also provided clean jazzy treats for everyone to sample..these rolls were one of those treats! I have never even made "unhealthy" rolls, let alone healthy, and I loved the flavor of these. I snagged a base recipe from thegraciouspantry.com and adjusted the consistency and flavors. 🎄🍂 Recipe: in a large bowl, combine 3T honey with 3/4c warm water until honey is dissolved. Add 2 1/4t rapid-rise yeast. Let set 10 minutes until bubbly. 🎄🍂 In medium bowl, combine 5c whole wheat pastry flour, 1t salt, 1t ground ginger, 1t garlic salt, and 1t garlic powder. 🎄🍂 Add 3/4c almond milk and 2T olive oil to the yeast mixture. 🎄🍂 Add the flour mixture. Stir until you can knead (add more almond milk or more flour until kneading consistency [will be a bit sticky]). 🎄 Knead for 5 min., then coat dough in a bit of olive oil, place on cookie sheet, and let rise for at least an hour. 🎄🍂 Roll into desired sized balls and bake at 350F for about 30 minutes, or until golden. 🎄🍂 These would be best served warm (and with honey 🐝!!).
- gaychi@cjbbbw do you think we can successfully make these?
- jennicanela@ayyno yum!
- arlenysg0303@jennicanela yum indeed!
- lilsipper#brilliant! 👏👏
- cathrindOh yum! Gotta try these😍
- _katiewhisler@kkcolon4 ❤😁
- lam_jck225Yes, I'll try to find the flour. @jillcjack
- fit_tereasa@jazzythings let's talk when u get back about a seminar at my work
- ashleykingarooDo you know the micros for this? ☺
- tinang13😻😻😻😻😻 yum
- jessevirginia@ickle_star 😋😋
- charschroeder@alyssakkapp those sound amazing and like they would be easy to make (since the last rolls I made were a horrible fail lol)
- ldinicolaI would like to make these but I do not have whole wheat pastry flour, could I substitute oat, almond, or coconut flour in this recipe?
Log in to like or comment.