natgeoBoy with computer wires, Accra, Ghana. Photo by @peteressick. Today I saw a story in TIME magazine on the world's 10 most polluted places. The first on the list was Agnogbloshie, Ghana, where I took this photo in 2008. I first heard about the location in Ghana from Jim Puckett at the Basel Action Network. They are an organization that works tirelessly on the issue of e-waste, and it's illegal shipment to poorer countries. Unfortunately, the practice still continues polluting both the land and worker's bodies with chemicals from discarded electronics.
- foreigngoldddd@brian__loobs @sam_schroeder1 you guys are rude!
- _kadooshLol cowards ^^^^
- raineysday11Some people who are idiots should be discarded.
- raineysday11The photo depicts how some have such hardships in life. Beautiful photo of a brave beautiful child.
- foreverandever529Somehow he looks familiar
- honeyb_ii@ilovecatfish84 you be like.. None of my iphone chargers work. Do you have some tape?
- ilovecatfish84@honeyb_ii lol!!! Disrespectful !! True though
- hardiktlApa yg kita punya wajib kita bersyukur
- 40loveyI never knew that , disgusting
- followmybongThis is sad. My friend was arrested for “stealing" from a public e-waste recycling drop-off in california. The way we see it he was doing what should of been done in the first place which was re-using e-waste and reducing the amount of garbage that pollutes these places. Whats wrong with this world when your taught to reduce, reuse and recycle but then your arrested for doing so.
- internet_strangerHe works at TES. @mtwilson274123
- stanislav_bogdanони все на голове носят?
- c_est_la_reineThat pisses me off
- christroyer@lecherousgaze a young Hendrix.
- wildfiremagazine@joanna___nita thanks for tagging me Jo!
- kelley1117That is weird
- sailingnationsAmazing 🙌🏼
Log in to like or comment.