instagram"Remember, remember, the 5th of November..." opens one of England's best known folk rhymes. Today marks what is commonly celebrated in Britain as Guy Fawkes Day or Bonfire Night. The event commemorates the famous 'gunpowder plot' of 1605, when authorities thwarted Guy Fawkes and his fellow conspirators' attempt to blow up parliament and kill King James.
Traditionally, effigies of Guy Fawkes are burnt on bonfires followed by a display of fireworks across the UK to remember the failed plot against Parliament. For many, the night has come to mark the onset of Autumn with colder nights, toffee apples, sparklers and hot chocolate. To see more photos and videos from firework displays across the UK, browse the hashtag #BonfireNight. Photo by @terribelle
- sbsibbyI have Iiked over 10 weeks worth of ur pics can u plz like my pics plz
- wzvm_Nice pic
- lepetitevagabond@mr_matram this would be cool
- mr_matramI agree @ccpaccs
- gren_whatelse1Insagram ist geil😀
- 0kamywはt衣s ティd 阿防t ウィth あーー ティd 歯th ?v
- alyshairenajst waiting for fireworks to appear on my birthday :( Tat will be the best birthday present ever <3
- maram71284Check my amazing fireworks videos
- maram71284Ur likes plz
- c__509#woow قمه الروعه
- luzmarinaruiz01Que bonito bonito bonito o
Log in to like or comment.