visitscotlandSitting 10 miles off the coast of Ayrshire - in the Firth of Clyde, is a spectacular small island called Ailsa Craig - but better known as 'Paddy's Milestone'. It's the plug of an extinct volcano and it's unique granite was quarried to make curling stones. Today it's a bird sanctuary - home to huge numbers of gannets and some puffins. Boat trips to the island depart from The harbour at Girvan. This view is from the Isle of Arran - across the Isle of Pladda. #visitscotland #scotland #ayrshire #ailsacraig #girvan #arran #isleofarran #pladda #islands #scottishislands #curling #curlingstone #paddysmilestone #granite #volcano #birdsanctuary
- susansancombphotographyCan't wait to visit
- faerie_styleAre you guys creating a book?! Great images and stories...
- visitscotlandHi @faerie_style Thanks - thought folk might be interested in the extra info - just a trial. What do others think?
- abi_allardyceI love the extra info - keep up the good work 👍
- menzies247Love it...it reminds me of all the old stories and legends of my childhood.
- faerie_styleI agree with @noquarter74 and @abigail_jane_a !
- kg_dogI agree as well, I love learning the history of places, thanks :)
- fougdergus@visitscotland you need to be posting more! Love the pics and love learning about Scotland.
Log in to like or comment.