instagramToday, more than 45,000 runners from around the world completed the New York City Marathon, a 26.219-mile race snaking through all five boroughs of New York City. Thousands of spectators turned out to cheer on the runners and many documented the event on Instagram.
Organized by the New York Road Runners (@newyorkroadrunners), the first marathon took place in 1970 and runs every year. In 2012, the race was cancelled due to the devastation of Hurricane Sandy. Due to the event's popularity, runners are largely selected at random by a lottery system and numbers are capped.
This year, Geoffrey Mutai of Kenya won the men's event with a time of 2:08:24, and Priscah Jeptoo of Kenya won the women's race with a time of 2:25:07.
See more photos from this year's New York City Marathon by browsing the #nycmarathon and #ingnycm hashtags and following @ingnycmarathon on Instagram.
Photo by @cfohlin
- marameliass@instagram Helloo
- buddybuddybrayanI need to take a moment
- best_bff_account_evarun people run
- junjuwam4Run people
- luxediscoveriesCan't wait for the Miami Ing! Yes Peopleb"Run forrest Run"
- nati.gebisaEthiopia to good
- alecnalven1Can I have a shoutout
- yuukifujibring back satan
- changeingnamesoNope I'm last
Log in to like or comment.