tshoxenreiderAnyone know what this is? They're all over the beach here, and we can't figure them out.
- louisagblog@tshoxenreider looks like a Sydney rock oyster shell, but I'm picking it might be a little too far away for that?
- _angelamills_Looks like boots to me
- tshoxenreider@mrsnotable it's squishy, like a jellyfish body but no tentacles.
- theburlapbagYea my vote goes for some Wellies
- tshoxenreider@homegrown_mom right you are. Silly me.
- babystephBaby jellyfish!
- greeblehausYeah, some sort of jelly. In Maryland they were sea nettles, kind of looked like that but with tenticles attached.
- all5jonesesHard to tell from the picture but my guess is sail jellies.
- jennymariepetersonLooks like a muscle.
- all5jonesesI take it back...not likely a sail jelly. But maybe another type of jelly? I'm familiar with California coast critters. Please let us dorky "gotta know" types what it is. 😉
- tshoxenreiderThanks all! I think it might indeed be a sail jelly. Either no tentacles, or so small we couldn't see them. You're all amazing.
- amyvandykeYou're in Florence? I was visiting my family there yesterday and would have had a fan-girl freak out moment if I ran into you! Where did you eat??
- tshoxenreider@amyvandyke we were just driving through on our way back to Eugene after spending a weekend in Newport. 😊 But if you ever see me, you have to come up and say hi!
- jessicaphoffman@homegrown_mom lol! I thought it might be a jelly fish .... I feel so smart
- theeclecticwomanNeat!! We saw jellies like that in Galveston often, but they were blue.
Log in to like or comment.