instagramEvery year from October 31 to November 2, Mexicans celebrate Día de Muertos (Day of the Dead). Friends and family gather to remember, celebrate and pray for their loved ones who have passed. Celebrants build altars called "ofrendas" for the deceased using "calaveras" (sugar skulls), marigolds and the favorite foods, beverages and possessions of the departed. The streets near cemeteries are also filled with parades and decorations.
The origins of the modern holiday trace back hundreds of years and to an Aztec festival. Though first observed in Mexico, today Día de Muertos is celebrated around the world, and Instagrammers are there capturing the festivities. To view more photos and videos from Día de Muertos, tap the blue location text above and browse the #DíadeMuertos hashtag. Photo by @chechy27
- teamgt87@nydiera Mira friend ! ... Freaky , u didn't look like that:)
- jvasquez908Give me a shout out plxx
- og7zI like that day
- i_dont_use_this_shit288374Hi @instagram could u please please please give me a shout out? Xxx
- idan_pelegGood day
- _sion3COOL CAN I HAVE THIS COSTUME
- m.i.c.g_Así tipo el mejor país en el mundo <3
- bourlothOaxaca , magia y encanto !!!
- raulherreraramirez92Ojala que no se pierda esas tradiciones
Log in to like or comment.