visitscotlandMacabre carvings abound in Greyfriars Kirkyard, Edinburgh. The churchyard is of great historical interest and many famous and infamous Scots are buried there. It was there that 400 Covenanters were held in awful, inhumane conditions where many died. Given this and other historic events,It's no surprise that Greyfriars has a reputation for being haunted. #visitscotland #scotland #edinburgh #greyfriars #haunted #macabre #halloween #ghosts #graveyard #kirkyard #spooky
- burgdameGreat! 😱
- jayandmelbIs this also where Greyfriars Bobby is buried?
- visitscotland@jayandmelb Yes - correct. Just inside the gates. His statue stands outside.
- cooper_etcLoved this place and want to go back!
- jayandmelbIts beautiful, we found it by accident a few years back. We have pictures beside the statue!
- faerie_styleGreat photo...and story
- anyz84oh, oh, oh! must see this when i'm there in january!
- virologygirlGah! I missed this when visiting the cemetery last year!
- princessstacey69Love Greyfriars.
- visitscotlandHi @virologygirl - As I remember, in through the gates and around to the left - near to or set into the wall in the far left corner behind the church. @anyz84 I hope you find it and have a great trip in January !
Log in to like or comment.