instagramOn October, 22, 2012, a tropical storm formed in the Caribbean Sea that would come to be known as Hurricane Sandy. Over the next week, Sandy would take the lives of at least 268 people and cause more than $68 billion in damages, making it the second costliest hurricane in US history.
First hitting Jamaica and Cuba, Sandy then made its way up the Atlantic coast of the United States, finally coming ashore just north of Atlantic City, New Jersey. On October 29, Sandy's 13-foot storm surge submerged large swaths of northern New Jersey and New York City, and much of its devastation was captured and shared with the world through Instagram.
Due largely to delays in recovery funding, many areas impacted by the storm remain damaged to this day.
Explore the #HurricaneSandy hashtag for photos, videos and stories from those affected by the storm.
Photo by @kbenrubi.
- but_dad_i_like_sharksOh sh......
- ghanneliudI learned about that in school
- ghanneliudIm a #fan im not Ghannelius
- demusinnaНемного страшновато
- 7christiaan.. so sad #damn
- mca_xyzAll of your pics are legendary !!!!
- we3d4keMy fantastic house whit porcellum
- jettabear8Feel bad😰😥😪😭😢😓😿💔
- avery_732That's sad
- mummylong66What place is that?
- kayleigh.drake_1232I hope they ear aren't hurt
- iuw9يعني جحفلي119
- grant_stew12Dang son
Log in to like or comment.