instagramEvery year, more than three million Muslims make a pilgrimage to Islam's holiest site, Mecca. This pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia, known as the Hajj (حج), takes place between the 8th and 12th days of the Islamic month of Dhu al-Hijjah (ذو الحجة), falling this year between October 14-18. The Hajj is a mandatory lifetime event for all able-bodied Muslims who are able to afford the journey.
The Hajj itself consists of many rites, the most iconic of which is known as Tawaf (طواف). For Tawaf, pilgrims enter al-Masjid al-Haram Mosque, at the center of which stands the sacred Kaaba: a cubic structure believed to be the first site of worship in the Islam faith. Pilgrims circle the Kaaba seven times counterclockwise in harmony, praying as they go.
To see more photos and videos from the 2013 Hajj, tap the blue location text above.
Photo by @ahmad9611
- hanuf3اللهم صلي وسلم ع سيدنا محمد❤️❤️❤️
- radhi_akلااله الا الله محمد رسول الله ❤️
- m_a_k_k_a_hهذا حساب خاص لمكة والحرم 🕋👈🏼 @edres_amjad @edres_amjad
- mhmdlsyd1661لا إله إلا الله ❤❤❤👀
- salehalzeer40gmail.com_أروع واجمل مكان في العالم .. اللهم نسألك الجنة
- raid_hassan_3322الله اكبر الحمد لله
- da7ke.i.n.s.t.e.dzAllhe akberr
Log in to like or comment.