visitscotlandA rack of haddock is removed from the smoker M&M Spink - one of several producers making the famous Arbroath Smokies in the old fashioned traditional way. Many of the smokehouses are backyard affairs which sell direct to the public. The name and process is now registered with the EU as a protected food name - acknowledging its unique status. One of the most sublime tastes - a hot Smokie - fresh out of the smoker :-) Arbroath, Angus, Scotland. #visitscotland #scotland #arbroath #arbroathsmokie #smokies #tasteourbest #haddock #smokedfish #angus #scottishfood
- ajinternational#atasteofscotland :)
- steveprenticeI wish I'd got to taste one for real! Any good ones that post?
- honeyp2I love this place! Not as many fishing boats around as there used to be tho
- visitscotland@steveprentice Hi Steve - yes, you should be able to get them sent direct. Simple Google search should get you a few options - along with info on how to heat up and serve. Might go well with a dram? Doesn't everything :-)
- steveprentice@visitscotland I reckon so! A nice Lagavulin or something. :-)
Log in to like or comment.