instagramMount Fuji (富士山 or "Fuji-san") stands 3,776.24 meters (12,389 feet), making it the tallest mountain in Japan and one of the country's most recognizable symbols. The cone-shaped mountain is an active stratovolcano—a volcano built up by many layers of hardened lava, tephra, pumice and volcanic ash—and is located 100 kilometers (60 miles) west of Tokyo. Fuji-san last erupted in the early 1700s. Following the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami many feared Mount Fuji would erupt again.
Despite those recent concerns, Fuji-san remains an international destination for tourism and mountain climbing. Hundreds of thousands of people make the 8-hour summit each year, most doing so during peak season in July and August. Many climb the mountain at night in order to catch a glimpse of goraikō (御来光 or "arrival of light"), the special name for a sunrise on Fuji-san. To view photos and videos from Instagrammers who have made the trek, tap the blue location text above and visit the #富士山 and #御来光 hashtags. Photo by @mike_york
- khawilThis picture is so cool O.o
- valeriatapiastejeraQue chebere
- old____account12341Hi instgram! I was wondering if you would give me a shout out! It would be a honour and crazy I really just wanna be instgram famous it would be cool! You probably will never ever read this but think about it:) xoxo
- izaaquirinoGood ♧♧
- jaimelaurido777Siganme jaime_lau7
- karlaa_mirandaInstagram please let me be on the popular page😭💘💕💕
- luzmarinaruiz01Que bonito
- rosarifranco1225Que belleza
- nadeemanwaar17Beautiful but not more then her
Log in to like or comment.