stephsinclairpix"If I would get married it would not feel good," said Naaku Maayida, 15. "With marriage, children happen, I would have to do the home chores, I would have to fetch water. My parents were illiterate when they had kids." In India, where 47 percent of girls are married before the age of 18, stories like these are few and far between. But programs aimed at educating and empowering girls are beginning to bear fruit, giving these girls the confidence to say “no” to child marriage.
To celebrate their courage, this is the second in a series that started on the second international #dayofthegirl. #endchildmarriage #india #girls Photo by Stephanie Sinclair @stephsinclairpix @2young2wed @viiphoto
- keremyucelI respect to this project ( #endchildmarriage ). Thank you Stephanie @stephsinclairpix ...
- awesam_pSalute to your project Stephanie
- schnydouxUn travail engagé, essentiel et de magnifiques lumières. Merci
- fotobabaIt's sad. Story thanks for sharing
- the.great.workI would very much love to draw this. @kit_king
- musivaGorgeous shot steph
- kyobadBeautiful portrait
- alsamt_alnatiqGo ahead steph .
- kirracakesThese girls are so inspirational! 💕
- inneresauge_photographyAstonishing project @stephsinclairpix ✌️🔝
- nlb00I am so moved by this campaign!
- vimal_chawdaI am escort for my studies do change the thing @stephsinclairpix @stephdimiskovski
- ladyjh.gareinSuch a Wonderful project ...! Keep going
- sarellaboutit's a good project and beautiful picture
Log in to like or comment.