ndkfotografieHi guys this is my entry for @instagram's weekend project #whpdoortodoor.
This is the Begijnhof in Amsterdam.
The Begijnhof in Amsterdam is the only almshouse founded in medieval Amsterdam, located within the Singel. The courtyard is almost a meter lower than the rest of the city at the medieval street level. It is unclear when the Begijnhof was founded. The Beguines have been living there since 1346 (A document from that year makes reference to "beghynhuys"). In 1389, Originally, the Begijnhof was completely surrounded by water (the Damrak, the Spui, and Begijnensloot) and had only one accessible gate at the Begijnensteeg (the one you see in the picture) . So the rear facades were in the water. The entrance to the Spui has only existed since the 19th century.
- ryanpostelHuge congrats again on the feature! Such a beautiful door
- halcyonsurferUnreal! The photo and the history!!! Superb gallery; thanks.
- mandyy_menaeyesJust started following your work and Im mesmorized by it all. You are very talented. thanks for sharing
- crisamBeautiful pic! Congrats for the feature, well deserved!
- pinucciapet@nedijee ✨✨✨✨✨👍
- paul_gatterStunning 👌
- alborettoDear @nedijee, I´d like to paint one of your pics in oil on canvas, pls contact albrecht(at)yourpainting.de for more info! thx
- nathill✨😍✨😱✨😍✨ love it
- poeticwordvomitBrilliant 💛
- littlebiggirl92What kind of lens do u use ?? Is it fish eye!??
- livin_wicked_greenLooks like the door going into Willy Wonkas's factory. Lol ;)
- pathyebmYour gallery is amazing 👏👏👏
- tallieballyMooi zeg!
- anarosefrWonderful !!!!!! ✨✨✨✨✨✨
Log in to like or comment.