joewhittlephotographyPreparing for sunrise and a day of ceremony in the Eagle Cap Wilderness. In Lenape tradition it is taught that two spirit dogs guard the path to the afterlife for departed spirits to find their eternal home in the Milky Way. (Incidentally, those who mistreat dogs in their lives will not be allowed into the peaceful realm of earthly departed souls.) These two did a great job assisting my journey over the last 3 days to perform a healing/parting ceremony for my father and make a memorial cairn in the remote wilderness. I never consider it a truly solo trip when they're along.
- denadavisLOVE LOVE LOVE your photos!
- joewhittlephotography@denadavis thank you! :)
- denadavisI know Jon, he works with my roommate! You guys are super talented.
- joewhittlephotographyJon Whittle? Awesome! You know what's funny, we were best friends in college, but we're not related! (That we know of.) Just a weird coincidence we both went to Brooks at the same time and became such good friends!
- joewhittlephotographyAnd thank you!
- denadavisHaha. That's hilarious. I assumed you were brothers.
- joewhittlephotographyHaha everyone does, even in college! @denadavis
- mrsrobinsonsf@inmansf Spirit Dogs ☁💙☁
- cottage_croneMagnificent farewell ...
Log in to like or comment.