everydayafricaSqueezing fermented cassava to make Garri -- a staple food in southwest and southeast Nigeria -- in Abeaokuta, Nigeria, on June 5, 2013. Photo by @andrewesiebo. Helon Habila, our guest curator, writes: "Mother and child, and sky. Beautiful." Helon Habila was born in Kaltungo, Gombe State in Nigeria. His writing has won many prizes, including the Commonwealth Prize and the Caine Prize. He teaches creative writing at George Mason University in Virginia. His latest novel is "Oil on Water." #nigeria #gombestate #mother #child #africa #cassava #garri
- supafrikGreat photo.
- ok3toThis in action shot is superb @everydayafrica
- sara.adahOriginal #babywearing!
- papakwaw#nice #pic
- everydayafrica@blacc11 yes, everydayafrica.tumblr.com
- remileksHuge fan of helon, read two of his books and amazing used to teach at UEA
- layepro@everydayafrica this is a great capture ! Thanks for sharing
- legitafricanUnique view @everydayafrica
- deesteynLovely shot
- amelia_knopfHow can I get a print of this?
- everydayafrica@amelia_knopf send us an email, email@example.com
- doriajiamother of field
- derrickbradley65A woman's work is never done!!!!
Log in to like or comment.