obeygiantI first encountered BNE's(BNE.org) work through his graffiti in San Francisco in the late 90's. At that time he was up huge in some daring spots. A few years later I started seeing massive number of his stickers in cities around the USA, Europe, and Asia. I was, and am, incredibly impressed by his proliferation of his stickers, if for no other reason than his work is proof that one person has the power to literally change the landscape of many cities! I think BNE may be the most "up" sticker bomber on the planet. Whether or not you appreciate or hate graffiti/street art, it requires tenacity and risk taking. It is easy for me to recognize guts, passion, and dedication in BNE, and unlike most graffiti artist, he is not using his notoriety solely for personal glory, but has put his infamy toward a very worthwhile cause… clean water. The print we have collaborated on benefits CharityWater.org… A NYC based NPO that has helped over 3.1 million people get access to clean, safe drinking water. They are radically transparent and use 100% of donations for actual water project costs. Check out http://vimeo.com/m/57082308
BNE shot the photo I illustrated from in Indonesia and he and I have both signed all of the prints. The print comes with four BNE lip balms worth $16 and two BNE stickers(priceless). All profits go to CharityWater.org
Please join our campaign to help bring clean, safe drinking water to India here:
Also help spread the word!
BNE started with water as his cause, but is expanding to produce organic and environmentally responsible products that raise funds + awareness for the world's greatest charities.
Thanks for caring!
-Shepard Fairey. #bne #bnewater @bne_organics #shepardfairey #waterchangeseverything
- interesting_and_awkwardReally cool
- charlestonpaddlerGet em shep! Go pg cyclones!
- kickitwithcaitiYou're amazing
- sugashane2.0@obeygiant just bought some of your work for the first time today
- aridinamics@acipdas gue kirain juga gue, haha
- blakeemarquisNot sure I've ever seen this man wear a white shirt before.
- shaunapotts@moiraanwar -pretty cool stuff
- pepper_1981@blakeemarquis 😂😂😂me neither
- abovestudioGreat project! 100% support!
- trisetyacahyaawesome shepard
- ericwrung@zaksifer cette histoire est drole car des graffeurs qui le connaissent m'ont certifié que cette histoire d'eau de BNE est une escroquerie :)
- ericwrung@zaksifer mais j'ai compris "le projet"
- shtexclamationThis rules!!!
- thestonedones#history in the makin!
- t1ps_415Fuck obey BNE is sick for that 1 !!!! @obeygiant
- mef_d4d@obeygiant your still a homo and snitch.
- mef_d4dClean water or not
- ellowell_@obeygiant Give me a shout out ; u;
Log in to like or comment.