instagramFor the past eleven years, New York City has paid homage to the tragedies of September 11, 2001, with Tribute in Light, two powerful beams of light projected upwards as part of the city skyline. The shape and placement of the installation echo the fallen Twin Towers and honor the victims of the 9/11 attacks as well as the many who worked as part of the relief efforts.
Originally conceived just days after the attack as a "Project for the Immediate Reconstruction of Manhattan's Skyline," Tribute in Light is made up of 88 7,000-watt lightbulbs that create the strongest beams of light ever projected from Earth. The tribute is visible from up to 60 miles (95.6 km) away from its base near the World Trade Center site.
You can find more photos and videos from the 9/11 tribute by visiting blog.instagram.com and by tapping the blue location text above.
Photo by @coldloki
- brayhdonHoly I think that is so beautiful ether colour is so VIBRANTE
- cmb65#LestWeForget #RIP911FaLLeN
- outside_newscast33I'll hit the new one if you didn't stand clear out of my way
- anaghamadhuchandranAm touched 😊
- camrynfields@peypeywilliman 😭 I wanna see this
- finley_mcewanLast commenr
- finley_mcewan626071 last like
- johnsmith641@finleymcewan you better double check that my friend
- rajboi30Thas but idle
- rajboi30I mean beautifle
- michael_sena_26Proud to be an American
- luzmarinaruiz01Que bonito
Log in to like or comment.