drandallblytheFor some insane reason the Canadian government has decided to enact absolutely ridiculous fees for foreign touring acts to enter their country. To tell you the truth, this will not affect a band the size of lamb of god that much- promoters make enough money off of us to figure this expense into the cost of bringing us to Canada- we do very well there, & fill every venue we play. But for smaller acts who wish to tour Canada, those just getting their start, this will make it absolutely impossible- smaller booking agents can't afford $425 per band member per show to bring in acts from outside Canada. I have absolutely no idea why they would do this, since touring bands already have to pay taxes out the wazoo in Canada anyway. Now they will not be able to come, the venues lose money, the fans don't get to see shows, the businesses around the venues lose money, the government will get NO TAX instead of their normal cut from touring artists, & most important the music & arts scene suffers. WTF? It makes zero sense. If yer Canadian, you might want to check out this petition one of your countrymen started. https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/canadian-government-to-charge-international-touring-artists-425-per-band-member-per-performance-in-canada-previously-a-1-time-150-fee
- chambermusic@tnerbporter you suck. Don't knock our country because of our government. As all governments in this world are flawed. It's probably some dick head who made a stupid decision not weighing the consequences of revenue loss. We as a people as @drandallblythe shows in his comment are working on fixing this. Please leave you ignorant knowledge lacking comments to your self. I know matter what would never knock your beautiful country for what decisions your politicians or revenue agency's come up with. I to do not agree with this but you need to keep an open mind and relies it is a few individuals that ruin things for all of us.
- nimrod_kofmanFuck the Canadian government...
- thedavesinsHow come log not coming to Winnipeg?
- thedavesinsAnd when Trudeau's elected, maybe that tax won't even come into effect cause we'll be making enough off ov weed, man.
- clairelevesqueThanks for sharing this, I want all bands to be welcome and not charged!
- chefbullyd61I am Canadian, and love metal. This is a damn shame and I will sign that petition.
- blainewebsteri love canada but i fuckin hate this..sucks be canadain sometimes:(
- devil_hornsMy country is killing the international underground music scene here. We seem to prefer our garbage pop music. Fuckin sucks
- platinum_samFuck Harper!
- marcchahine@michelelkik @vladimiiir
- day_walker_WTF ya HOSERS?! Shitty 👎
- longanbachIts to promote Canadian artists.... same as radio policy. Look it up. Thats why we got stuck with Rush and Aviril.
- wanz419@drandallblythe trust me all kinds of other Canadians my age (round 30) are up in arms over this. Is the fee that ridiculous? I find it offensive the amount of friends posting this petition all of a sudden involved in political causes outraged- out government missplaced $3.1 Billion dollars - no one flinches. War - no one flinches. A relatively small fee increase to foreigners and we lose our shit and demand change online. #firstworldproblems. \m/ fee still sucks. Just saying.
- twinkie1974We had to bail in our Canada shows in the early '00s because the money we made was barely enough to cover food, beer & gas back then. Gas, food & beer are more expensive these days and now this. It's not like the pay for playing any show you can get to book you (house party's, record stores, small clubs,ect) I wouldn't even try to book a Canadian tour now. Oh well Fuck Canada!
- lukegrfLol wtf
- lindyhehuThat is total crap. Boooo :(
- demonseed78Yeah that really sucks !!!
- carriemeecarrieSuch a crime. We miss out on way too much up here in Canada because of this kind of stuff.
- pocobijouxBesides that bs, can't wait to see u in Vancouver!!
- thetimeforwolvesIt's awful, @drandallblythe .. Canada loves you guys and every other heavy music act that comes through canada and it's a fucking shame that this has to happen. I saw you guys last night in Van and needless to say, I hope to see you beasts again.. Maybe in a non-seated venue!
Log in to like or comment.