namastemariSuch a good workout this morning! Today was all about my lower body and some cardio...now I am refueling with a green monster.
One of my favorite squat variations is with my heels elevated. Elevated squats really activate your quads and also work your core. Stand with your feet hip width apart and your heels either elevated on plates or dumbbells (be careful with these and be mindful of your ankles). Start the movement by first pushing your hips back and then bend your knees. The goal is to get your thighs parallel to the floor. Keep your torso as upright as possible. Reverse the movement and come back to the starting position, driving heels into the plates or dumbbells. When you get comfortable with the movement, add some weight to increase the intensity.
#healthyliving #healthylivingblog #runner #namastemari #nike #personaltrainer #healthcoach #fitness #instafit #fitfam #strength #legs #kettlebell #reebok #underarmour #squat #quads #glutes #dumbbells #musclemilk #greenmonster #smoothie
- mybizzykitchenTotally going to try those heel squats at lunch!
- namastemari@biz319 woohoo let me know how like it! Watch your ankles chickie
- ltscherneAdd these to our next workout PLEASE!!
- namastemari@ltscherne depends on your ankle 👍👍
- ltscherneI'll let you know how it's feeling on Sunday... Much better today after icing and elevating last night
Log in to like or comment.