sfslimThe pigs are here. And uncommonly badge heavy. Earlier tonight, the #BLM pulled over El Couchino for a registration violation. In 18 years on the playa, I've never seen a more aggressive police presence than what’s been going down today. Deeply upsetting, outrageous stuff. One DPW member was issued a $275 ticket for urinating on the playa, and threatened with being forced to register as a convicted sex offender. I suspect this is fallout from the lawsuit BMORG won against the BLM earlier this year. Whatever the cause, know this: Law enforcement is going to be VERY AGGRESSIVE at Burning Man this year. Keep your shit as right as you do back in the world. Don't give them any excuses. Be extremely cautious, and MAKE SURE TO TELL YOUR FRIENDS. Things are changing. #BM2013 #LEO #police IF YOU DO GET STOPPED: Make sure to file an incident report with Burning Man. And before you get here, LEARN YOUR RIGHTS.
- aryk_archer^lmfao @rambopartyproductions
- sourbrains#copblock #aclu #rights
- theoldgreysquirrelCops ruin shit...rainbow gatherings for example have been fucked for years
- mineralsynergyAlso, tell your friends not to piss on the playa. Ever.
- k4kelly@abbyfeld spread the word. and be safe.
- marculon5000Im turning my BM badge this is bullshit.
- badattitudemanThe pig people can't resist ruining a good time, especially if it generates income while keeping everyone 'safe'. I'm not going this year, but i wish y'all good luck dealing with these blue meanies.
- penguineggsOoof. @rebornkoala
- supa_jathis may be helpful for those going this year and beyond unless things change for the better http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/2013/04/cops_drugs_big_music_festivals.php
- jenninexusgorgeous shot!
- arichiliI'm sorry, but I fail to have any sympathy for you. You're an 18 year burner and you're condoning a DPW MEMBER peeing on the playa. Way to set a great example, man. Oh, and not renewing your license plate registration? El Couchino wouldn't think twice about getting a ticket for that in the default world but now that you're on the playa it's suddenly okay to break all the rules. BRC is a real city with rules and regulations, not some free for all where you can do whatever you want. If you're gonna party, be cautious - drugs are still illegal out here. But seeing posts like this piss me off. I expect better from our "veteran" community.
- templetoon@Arichili - if you had ever built BRC, you could earn a clue and some sympathy. BRC is a festival, the site is technically offroad (different regulations)
- instagramashoh piddle whats a man to do in the desert...peeing a puddle to evaporate away. cmoooan!!
- sfslimEl Couchino is a staff vehicle, and clearly tagged as such. Yesterday, the BLM pulled over both the Spires and Shade crews for having people riding on their trailers, even though these were clearly working staff vehicles. This is either: a) the most clueless set of greenhorn officers reacting poorly to a situation they don't understand, or b) an intentional campaign or harassment. Or c) some shitty combination of both.
- sfslimMy vote—based upon what I've witnessed and heard—is for "c".
- waynecoMy vote is for "C" - incompetence and a hard-on to fuck with that which does not need to be fucked with. The police should be kept outside the trash fence until needed.
Log in to like or comment.