_christiancraigSince my last wrist injury in May I've been contemplating whether or not this is worth it. Motocross is all I've known, all I've wanted to do since I was a kid. But what you don't know until you've grown up a little bit is how hard it is on your body and mind. Your body can break over and over and you can keep trying to go out there and win but your mind is something that can't be fixed with a surgery. Since I've done a lot of sitting at home the past few months I've started to look at life after motocross. There are VERY few guys who can retire off what they've done in the motocross world and all the rest of us have to plan the rest of our lives. I have two options, I can stick this motocross thing out and worry about getting injured or I can get a head start on the rest of my life. I know option one sounds like a lot more fun but after the countless doctors appointments, therapy, and surgeries, that's not the best answer for me. It's hard to say goodbye to something I've always known but at some point I'm going to have to like everyone will.
The industry is tough and it isn't all glamorous like some people may think. At the end of the day I just want to have fun riding my dirt bike and at times it's hard to do that with all the politics involved. Now ill be able to throw whips and do how ever many laps I want and most importantly, will have fun doing it.
I'm excited to see what comes next for me in life and am looking forward to the future. Thanks to everyone who has supported me through the years and also the ones who have never doubted me.
- dbetcher44CC this is the same decision I made on bmx at age 27. I said, "I can either get a job now and be 3 years deep into a career when I'm 30, or stick it out until 30 and see where I end up." It all worked out for me and it will for you too. Riding is a lot more fun when it isn't a job, and there isn't pressure. Best wishes homie!
- danadipaolo@nateianson @jackk_young
- danadipaoloWell said @ccraig_59 all the best, and hold it wide ✊😝
- adrian505Man good luck!! If you stop racing, you better keep riding and ride with all your fans!!
- dpr57We still believe. You made it to top most elite top level of motocross, (very few can say that) you can do ANYTHING you want.
- chowder110Respect man you are one bitchen mad and I hope to see you chillin at supercross's still @ccraig_59
- jackie_chan153737373Good luck with ur new life!! @ccraig_59 👍
- cber_00Damn foreal just like that! @pete_ber
- gudat71Good luck in all your endeavors!
- gear_head62@ccraig_59 I grew up racing with u in the bmx days man. Watched u do ur thing in motocross as well.. Ur right noone knows how much it all takes a toll on ur body and health! Your makin one of the hardest decisions man! Good luck on ur future in wutever u do! 👌🏁🏁
- _justinmulfordIt's been a long time my friend, keep that head up
- karstedtYou are definitely making the right decision, keep posting pics of you guys. @paigeinsta is hilarious!
- chaff86Nuffin but respect for u @ccraig_59 !
- fakeplasticbyke@ccraig_59 I heard about this last week and have nothing but mad respect for ya. I always rooted for ya and will miss watching you race. It's very admirable the courage you are showing in following your heart, when everything you've known and worked for is pulling you in the opposite direction. best wishes on your new journeys in life!
- porter435Hmm. For a bow and arrow to be shot it has to be pulled back. So when life is pulling you back it means your getting ready to be launched into better things. #GoodLuck
- thelifeofthebeardDamn bro. Finally hangin up the boots. @_christiancraig I always believed in you man. Your One of the baddest dudes to ever throw his leg over the bike. Im still rootin for you man. On or off the track. Stay up big dog.
- doug.3You're the man @_christiancraig. Reading this post and seeing you do what you did yesterday amazes me.
- gerardconnelly^^^ @dz___3
Log in to like or comment.