merrypadThought we scared off the deer with our weekend partying. They're back, and more fearless than ever. #heydeer #merrypadathome
- greatwhitenowhereTry and keep them fearful if you can. Desensitized deer can quickly become territorial, aggressive deer.
- merrypadHear that @dadandblog? No feeding the deer strawberries. @greatwhitenowhere I hoped that the dog's scent would force them to change their patterns... but not so much.
- greatwhitenowhere@merrypad we have a problem locally with deer getting desensitized because of feeding (so much so that there's a bylaw to enforce it), which can lead to aggressive behaviour during mating season & with does protecting their fawns. Not to be alarmist but I have personally seen deer trample dogs and chase cars. Be safe!
- merrypad@greatwhitenowhere Wow! I don't think these deer are anywhere near that - they still vanish when they see us, but I hoped they would stay outside the property boundaries.
- greatwhitenowhere@merrypad check your local home&garden store for "predator scent" and apply it around the boundaries if they're getting too brave—YMMV per deer but if you're thinking about a veggie garden next season you'll need deterrents.
Log in to like or comment.