chefazCall it a Denver or Sierra cut, it's the striated "ventral" muscle on the inside "roll" of the forequarter and it might be best cut on a cow. Holy crap!
- bazir74@chefaz also known in Japan as Zabuton. A popular wagyu cut.
- blu3eyedband1tSo if I go to my butcher and ask for that cut would I refer to it as 'the Denver cut'? Someone please answer I'm interested in trying this cut of beef
- lcampanatiYou know the best cut is the picanha you ate in Brazil! LOL!
- el_tipo1Don't play yo self.
- su._____Very nice glasses
- jacehentgesThe Sierra is actually the splenius which is in between the Chuck eye & beef flap/serratus ventralis
- jef2dYeah! I just discovered Denver cut, the butcher counter at my local supermarket sells them off so cheap, I guess cos it's not popular -definitely good value for money!
- therealmoa@jacehentges <--knows his shit! I'm gonna pick a few of these up soon!
- edbutdorfHey @chefaz is this at certified Angus in Wooster?
- mvm_artThat's crazy! My husband and I went to our local butcher and got the same cut for the first time. Stars are aligned and spells out Denver.
- escapedfrombeantown@chefaz your next kind of looks overcooked chef.
- jsmith_25Where u get those glasses??
- yumm1eStory of my life
- jrhusneyOur market provides Denver cut too. We've been cooking them sous vide and finishing them in a skillet.
Log in to like or comment.