dabrams107#PSHardwork my mother is a personal care nurse to a gorgeous 14 yr old girl named Maddy. Maddy has a terminal disorder that leaves her with seizures, she is wheelchair bound and basically at the functional level of a 6 month old, though she is the size and weight of your average 14 yr old. My mother does everything for Maddy. She takes her to school, feeds her, changes her, lifts her from her wheelchair and basically ensures that all of Maddy's physical needs are taken care of. But my mom does much more than that, before my mom came into her life, Maddy barely looked up, let alone smile. My mother's loving care has broken through the fog of medications and cognitive impairments. Maddy is happy when my mom is around. And all of this is incredibly thankless. I've heard countless stories of strangers going out of their way to avoid encountering Maddy and my mom on the street, because she looks scary or different. None of this bothers my mom, Maddy is beautiful to her. All thanks she needs is to know this girl has breathed easier during her short time on this earth. My mother is the definition of hard work, both physical and emotional. She is my role model.
- mandoalvarezWhat a great story. This is obviously not a "job" for her, as she does this with love.
- dabrams107@mandoalvarez my mom always says nursing is more than a job, it's a calling.
- caradaleThanks for sharing this :)
- noelleabe20Hey that's my sister :)
- milkitalunaGod bless your mom
- noelleabe20My mom is a wonderful person
- mbabramsonLet me just say, Maddy makes it so easy! It is an honor to take care of Maddy everyday!!!! I'm the lucky one!
Log in to like or comment.