krakauernotwritingI took this photo in October 1992, a month after the remains of Chris McCandless were discovered in an old bus in the Alaskan backcountry. A day before he embarked on his final escapade, McCandless mailed this postcard to his friend Wayne Westerberg. Those are Wayne's fingers holding the card, from which I derived the title of the book I wrote about Chris. The card reads: "April 27th, 1992. Greetings from Fairbanks! This is the last you shall hear from me Wayne. Arrived here 2 days ago. It was difficult to catch rides in the Yukon Territory, but I finally got here. Please return all mail I receive to the sender. It might be a very long time before I return South. If this adventure proves fatal and you don't ever hear from me again I want you to know your a great man. I now walk into the wild. Alex"
- linzmhOne of the most amazing books written about an even more amazing man.
- rorymcgonigle@chrismshane awesome picture. Thanks for sharing! Such a great writer and didn't even know he had an Instagram
- orchardbeeSo excited to find you! I have read everyone of your books. You are a great storyteller and have inspired me in life. Thank you ❤✌&😊
- orchardbee#intothewild #jonkrakauer #alexandersupertramp
- carolmatus@brend_mnts wooow!
- devinkrinke@skkrinke @brotherstare Woah.
- kkinhnlThis is amazing.
- dogonpremiseWords Fail. Absorbing the moment.
- anniebirdie_@krakauernotwriting Your books have inspired me beyond belief. Your writing is amazing, and so too is your 'not writing'. Into The Wild completely changed my views and how I look at our societal system. Many of your books have also made me realize the lack of adventure in my life, so I moved out to CO for a year to attend a very wilderness/adventure oriented school (in Carbondale, sort of near Boulder) I became obssesed with Chris's life from your book and other readings. It seams, as if in the end he discovered what he was looking for, what we all have seemed to have forgotten- the simplicity of happiness.
- aarontoboI now walk INTO THE WILD
- averagejoe83Got goosebumps reading this! What a strange feeling!
- desertwinds_of_romance@lacedwithin Incredible. I can't stop looking at it.
- rodrigorosales56La carta que le manda al del bar @valenrodrigueza
- ggurza@paolagurza I now walk into the wild
Log in to like or comment.