bicyclingmagCongratulations to Aaron Imholt (@aimholt), the winner of the @shinola Bixby in our #bicyclingcommute contest! | Aaron snapped this shot of a fellow commuter while on his own evening bike/train commute from San Francisco's Mission District to Oakland, CA. He says, "The leg obviously caught my eye, but it was the entirety of her outfit that really put a smile on my face. I could tell she was a seasoned bike commuter going about her evening and the whimsy of it all made me laugh." | Bicycling editor-at-large Bill Strickland explains the judges' choice: "It’s the freaky ordinariness, the ordinary freakiness of living as a cyclist. And the accidental, incidental moments when you and your bike and your colors interact with the world in a way that makes everyone around you turn their heads and blink and take a good look at you and your experience. You become part of them, a story they’ll tell for a long time, or an image that will flash into their heads at unexpected moments."
- brand_architectNicely done, Fellas.
- eghtownWell said and great shot. Well deserved #win.
- cklibowitzCongrats to @aimholt! I was hoping my airplane photo would win for me, but this is such a rad photo top to bottom. Kudos.
- reginald_trapp_1518Really funny
- gricycleFantastic. Thanks
- aaronimholt@aaronimholt is totally flabbergasted and dancing a little jig to learn his "leg up" shot made the final cut for the #win. So many fantastic photos submitted that celebrate the #bicyclingcommute and the joy of the ride! My applause to all those who pedal about their day! I'll see you out on the road pedaling my @shinola Bixby.
- jimmydrakeNice work Aaron
- jimmydrakeCan you score me a pair of those purple shoes?
- brytonandrewWhat the
- ericrozellNice. So San Francisco!
- cycling.buddyAbsolutely brilliant
- corbahcyclingRemarkable profile
Log in to like or comment.