kris_jollsWhen designing I create squares for the various spacings I have between elements. Helps cut down time and making sure everything is aligned and spaced properly. Makes placing guides a breeze. Maybe it will help you too. #design #webdesign #tip #adobefireworks #logo #graphicdesign #designtip
- kris_jolls@tom262 I use the align tools too. I use these mostly for spacing, creating new rows etc.
- kris_jolls@daviddebeun @japborst Thanks guys. Never really seen it suggested so thought I'd throw it out there. :)
- daviddebeun@kris_jolls I also think this stuff helps developers define their CSS like margins and paddings and the hierarchy of HTML when creating websites. I think @japborst can approve this message ;)
- kris_jolls@daviddebeun I agree. I code my own sites and keeping things like padding and margin consistent instead of 'close enough' will put you steps apart. :)
- kadavyHa! Funny, I've been using a similar technique. I made a video of it in action a few years back: http://vimeo.com/3082281
- kris_jolls@kadavy I'll check out your video. Always looking for tips to speed up the workflow 👍
- agathaviennymy boss always angry with me making squares (because I missed several of them when erasing, sometimes), but then again, it makes works faster and easier
- kris_jolls@agathavienny I try to keep them on their own layer to easily hide them but that didn't always work lol oh and I keep em bright and annoying so I always remember to move them to the side. Glad you use it too ✌️
- devalchemistwww.sputapp.com from Zurb lets you load a website by url and it has some overlay tools, one of them is a spacer tool which lets you define a height and width of your spacer, then drag and drop as many as you want into the layout and test things. Pretty rad. There are a hand full of other options in it as well.
- kris_jolls@devalchemist sounds cool. I wish when I dragged a square it would automatically drop guides too. I'll check that out. Could make a good plugin-in too.
- devalchemistSpurapp.com I wrote that wrong above.
- devalchemistThere is a tool in the app for intersections too that sort of addresses the idea about the guides that you mentioned
- omarfaizanIts a perfect idea, I personally often make a folder which I would call measurements and make boxes called 1x, 2x, and so on for spacing, However the smart measurement guides of CC have made life much easier :)
- vividvisualsolutionsGreat suggestion. Thanks
- kris_jolls@vividvisualsolutions You're welcome. :)
- daiarodriguez_Do you use photoshop?
- kris_jolls@daiarodriguez_ Not for design. Photo editing yes.
- daiarodriguez_@kris_jolls and what did you use for the design? Thanks you in advance
- kris_jolls@daiarodriguez_ I used Adobe Fireworks. This is a fee years old. Still use Fireworks but am finally moving away from it.
Log in to like or comment.