drandallblytheThis is my man room/study/shed/nerd cave-it's crammed with books, which I have a slight addiction too. I've been in here a lot lately, since a literary agent sought me out a few months ago & convinced me to write a book of my own. I didn't really want to write this book, a memoir of my last year, so soon- it's been pretty intense- but the agent convinced me by speaking the truth- my memories will fade. After all the incredibly dubious "information" I read on the Internet about my arrest, incarceration, trial, & exoneration, it'll be nice to to speak in detail & lay out the absolute truth about what happened over there, just as I have been doing this whole time. The hive mind is a vast & global moronic game of "he said/she said", where rumors presented as truth fly at the speed on wifi on wings of speculation. The hive mind is far too big & way too stupid for veracity to exist on a global scale within its constantly shifting sphere. Those that wish to know the truth, not rumors, of this sad story will be able to. I hope my story will do some good, because there were lessons for me to learn about myself by living it (& not all of them were pretty), lessons I can learn in the telling, & maybe even some tiny ones to be had in the reading if I write it well enough. Yes, I will get paid, but no, I'm not trying to get rich- anyone with delusions of how the publishing world works should educate themselves- Stephen King I obviously am not. But I am a writer, so I will write- it's just what we do. Book is still untitled, due out Spring 2014, Perseus/Da Capo is N. American publisher, Random House in UK/OZ/NZ/S Africa. It's a very crazy, very sad story, but it's my story, so I will tell it with all the respect I have tried to maintain for all parties involved. More info soon. A photo-essay book concerning the nature of fear in our society will follow in a year or so. Don't live in fear, & don't live in lies. In your life, you must TELL THE TRUTH. Any other sort of life is unacceptable, at least for the honest & the compassionate. Peace.
- cheznrice14@drandallblythe did you see where that venue you played at in Nashville , Marathon Music Works , put one of your pictures on their Facebook page and said some good thi gs about you . The picture of the sunlight coming through the roof .
- nikkiblakk666@drandallblythe it's a huge ask, but I'm proud if you for surviving it & in awe that you will relive it to share. People will be better for reading your story, I hope 🌞
- mtotland2@drandallblythe You are a true inspiration for any man of integrity. Looking forward to your books
- jesuqI hope you're putting some cool pictures you have took to the book. Would really bring it alive @drandallblythe
- warejacobfotoCant wait for the book. Where do I pre order? Haha.
- rodkEvery man needs his shed.
- mariaferrerosharpeiSeekers of the truth
- geedrumsYou are an amazing and talented person....I'm sure alot of your fans and friends are looking forward to this. I know I am!
- ironmanjimboCan't wait brother, I know you will make a helluva author, love reading your spillage, rock on, come back to Stubbs in Austin, peace bro
- itsjamwowRandy... Every single thing you write inspires me! :) You are a truly amazing individual... Much love and respect! @drandallblythe
- bteng86Do incorporate some of your amazing photos in the book if it blends well :) @drandallblythe
- made__in__the__shade@drandallblythe I have grown to love your music, photos and the words that accompany them. I'm very much looking forward to reading your book!
- barry_shitpeas@drandallblythe all I know is I saw a video of you in court saying ' I will serve my sentence like a man' Re-fucking-spect!
- staynegativeWhat an awesome looking little place! And I'll be certain to buy the book as soon as it's released.
- bo_petryYou love to read dont you @drandallblythe
- scarahxoI'm excited for this. @drandallblythe
- metal4life651 word DAMN
- my3hirdeyeNice meditation spot! When I saw this picture, it reminded me of my foxhole in Iraq. I carved out holes on the inside of my foxhole to place my books and photos. Anyways, I wanted to ask you if you've ever read Robert Greene's The 48 Laws of Power? Also, do you think you'll do any book signings when you're book comes out?
Log in to like or comment.