instagramFor the past 7 days, Hindus in the state of Odisha, India, have been celebrating Ratha-Yatra, a festival characterized by large, ornate chariots pulled through throngs of people. The event honors Lord Jagannath, the "Lord of the Universe," and the western term "juggernaut" is derived from the raucousness that characterizes the parade.
Jagannath is actually made up of three deities who are usually worshipped in a temple; But during the month of Asadha, they are paraded in large chariots down a main avenue in Puri to the Sri Gundicha Temple so that they may be seen by the public.
See more photos of the colorful chariots and lively crowds from Ratha-Yatra celebrations in India and around the world by browsing the #rathayatra hashtag.
Photo by @generalaesthetic.
- daffy4203Nice photo.
- melodyxharmonyThat looks stuped
- norah_almansour110وع الصور
- sara__3sسخيفه الصوره
- alza3abia1Why I don't see author colors only orang
- gocan@gocan @gocan
- hesham101010اس كلام
- patpoojWord. @spatel1546
- liz2flyyOmg love this pic
- ghaya.ahmedكفار حيوانات
- karamcheema_@esvatar why so rude
- estiivalyWhat I did to you
- afnaanmirza@ghaya_alraiss 😂😂😂😂
- dream.singhWhat @crazed4wwe
Log in to like or comment.