coleenleraeIs anyone looking?!
- coleenlerae#animazing_domestic #animazing_captures #animalsofinstagram #animal_features #animal_captures #animalshots_ #animallover #squirrelsofinstagram #squirrelfanclub #spoiledsquirrel #squirrels #nuts_about_squirrels #mybest_animal #mybest_shot #photoshare_everything #petsofinstagram #pets_perfection
- coleenlerae#postmyanimal #petsquirrel #petstagram #ig_watchers #ig_captures #ig_bestever #igw_animal #ic_animals #ir_animal #igw_photo #cutestcavies1petselimination
- peasplace09I am!! So dang cute!! Finding your feed made me happy:))
- coleenlerae@peasplace09 ~ heh! Thank you! 😉 💖
- coleenlerae@sparkle_lite ~ 💚
- coleenlerae@norge0209 ~ lol thank you! He's so much fun!
- norge0209You are so lucky! I used to volunteer at an animal shelter and got to take care of baby squirrels.
- coleenlerae@norge0209 ~ I'm not sure how it came about that people started calling me, but the local police department and the law school security department started calling me when people turned in abandoned baby squirrels. Most of them had physical handicaps ~ except Jasper, Heffie and Flick. Heffie and Flick will be released probably in the next or two. I actually kept them on the "wild" side so they could be released. Jasper .... he's a different story. I don't know if I can let him go ~ I'm so attached him ... and he is to me too. I'm torn!
- norge0209Aww. That's amazing! I got to feed baby squirrels that had been recovered from yards or roadsides with food in syringes. I'll never forget having to swing the squirrels upside down to make sure they didn't choke on the food. (Did you ever do that??) They were put outside in cages with other rehabilitated squirrels once they could eat on their own, then eventually released back into the wild. I was 12 or 13 then, and I've loved squirrels ever since. Now I'm 28. It makes me so happy to live vicariously through your pictures. (The animal shelter I volunteered at no longer exists.) It never occurred to me that other people were rehabilitating squirrels, though it should have been common sense. So, thank you! (I'd hold on to Jasper, but maybe that's just me being jealous - and REALLY missing my dog who died last month.)
- norge0209I meant "me being selfish"
- coleenlerae@norge0209 ~ I had always wanted a squirrel as a pet but never knew it was possible until we found Chancey out in the yard. She was sooo tiny and I didn't think she'd make it. She had no hair, a broken jaw, a huge knot on her head and she was pretty cool to the touch but I brought her back. She was partially blind in one eye. She had malocclusion and I had to take her to get her teeth cut once a month. She had seizures every day ... and she was the biggest Mommas baby you had ever seen! She used to sleep upside down in my arms or on my chest every evening! When she passed away, I cried for a month straight. I was so depressed. I have pictures of her on here and her grave that I made for her. She was so special. My heart still hurts over her. I understand your heartache for your dog ~ I feel for you and I'm so sorry for your loss. My Chancey's been gone for a lil over 2 years and I miss her just as much as I did when she passed. She was an original. 💞
- norge0209Thanks so much for sharing about Chancey. You're doing great work.
- coleenlerae@norge0209 ~ xoxo I hope your heartache eases soon.
- norge0209Thank you, Coleen!
Log in to like or comment.