cj_vanillagorillasurfIn ancient Hawaii, legends told of a day when a great king would unite all the Hawaiian islands. The sign of his birth, kahuna (priests) claimed, would be a comet.
Kamehameha the Great
Birth of a King
And so it goes that Kamehameha was born in 1758, the year Halley’s Comet made an appearance over Hawaiian skies. Kamehameha was born in Paiea on the Big Island of Hawaii. His father was said to be Keoua, a grandson of Keaweikekahialiiokamoku, who once ruled a large portion of the island. Translated, Kamehameha means “the lonely one.”
Another legend tells of a kahuna who prophesized that the man who moved the 7,000-pound Naha Stone would become the greatest king of Hawaii. When Kamehameha was 14, the story goes, he moved the massive rock, and then lifted it and turned it completely over. Hauoli la hanau to the Greatest Kings to walk these Hawaiian Islands!! #hawaiian #theking #happybday
- tuula_Happy Kamehameha Day!
- valley_of_kingsAn just remember where he was hidden an trained to be a warrior an king that he was!!
- cj_vanillagorillasurf@kealohapono_mahuna there is no remembering, I know where and you do too ;)
- valley_of_kings@cj_vanillagorillasurf cuzz where?? Lol 😊
- ainokaeaNice one bro #kohala #roots #mokuokeawe #kanaiaupuni
- bishopstrainHawaiians we stand @cj_vanillagorillasurf
Log in to like or comment.