seashepherdThe crew of Operation Toxic Gulf!
Today marks the launch of Sea Shepherd's first collaborative campaign with leading oceanographic research group Ocean Alliance. This combined crew will sail out of St Petersburg marina today on The R/V Odyssey for the first leg of a two month long research expedition in The Gulf of Mexico. They will be the only group looking into the long-term effect of BP's oil disaster on the Sperm Whale's that call the gulf home.
Although Ocean Alliance and Sea Shepherd employ different approaches, these two organisations pursue the same goal: the conservation of ocean life, particularly in regard to whales. Ocean Alliance specializes in scientific research about, and advocacy for ocean life, while Sea Shepherd specializes in direct action against, and public exposure of the despoilers of ocean life. This collaboration is an exciting move for Sea Shepherd.
Within a couple of weeks we will be launching a campaign specific website but until then you can keep up with our updates from the campaign on Facebook and all the photos right here!
- rosanacondeIn Puerto Madryn, coast of the Argentinian sea, the place where whales live is being contaminated by ALUAR an aluminium manufacturer factory. Right now a huge number of this whales, close to 80%, has died because of it. And the real thing is that no one is doing anything to stop it, even the government.
- k1kimberlyThank you :)
- veganallianceprWow. Thank you for your service and protection. Much much love!
- ricardochristieAwesome!!!!!!!!! Knowledge is power!!!!! @seashepherd
- shariana@rosanaconde that's kind of typical of most governments to be fair, but don't give up spreading the message and if there's anything I (we) can do to help l help more specifically let us know, any petions or ?? All the best x
- jewelszeeThank you! Inspired by what you do! Would love to join you! :) x
- warior1312I Love Sea Shepherd
- savearthorcathey have soul
Log in to like or comment.