tshoxenreiderMicrowaved bar of Ivory soap, 2 minutes on high. My mother-in-law discovered this trick to make laundry soap making take eons less time! No more grating - just put this blob in the mixer, add the other ingredients (washing soda and borax), and you're good to go.
- kddenfeldIt's also fun to play with.
- mrs_tony_anderson@tshoxenreider what's the advantage to homemade laundry detergent?
- karinkath@ellebowes Did you see this? You're welcome @eb_pics
- tshoxenreider@ellebowes just so you know, this is for the powder form. As in, when you put it in the mixer it granulates. :)
- tshoxenreider@elisenoelk waaaaaay cheaper, and no icky, unnecessary ingredients.
- _angelamills_Is there a recipe somewhere?
- shaunacyelaineOoooo.... What is the recipe? Going to make some this week!
- elissacandeWoah! Gave up making my own bc of the grating. Mind blown.
- mythreesuitsOh that's awesome! I've been making your detergent for over a year and a half now and that's what I hate the most-the grating!
- tshoxenreider@homegrown_mom @shaunacyelaine it's in my first book, but it's nothing complicated: 2 parts clean (minimal ingredients) soap, 1 part washing soda, 1 part borax.
- imapayne12I almost lost the backside of my thumb a while back grating the soap bar. Cool tip, thx for sharing.
- erickawinstonI grate my soap into shaving then use the food processor to make the pieces smaller
- stcontrarianLast time I tried this my soap burned a little and my microwave stunk for weeks!
- tshoxenreider@handmadengoods that's what I used to do until today! ;)
- tshoxenreider@mishmashmama bummer! Mine did great right at 2 min.
- emcwilliams1218@jenntann maybe for the next time you make detergent?
- stcontrarian@tshoxenreider did you know you can just use soap, washing soda and baking soda? No borax! Did you do full power?
- tshoxenreider@mishmashmama I've heard that, yes! I think there's lots of ways to do laundry soap. And yep, fill power.
- marydpetersonSo how many parts washing soda and borax do you add to one bar of soap? If I grated it, I could measure it in cups, but I'm not sure what measurement one "blob" of soap would be.
Log in to like or comment.